Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The science of heart-break....

I had visions of our future. They were as clear to me as a 60 inch HDTV screen. In my visions we shared a life-long happiness. We had the kind of romance that you read about in the pages of great literature. In my heart of hearts I believed that someday it would be so.
Alas, as much as I tried, I could never get her to see my vision; to share in my reverie. Now she dreams of another, and I am forced to accept that my dreams were nothing more than foolish delusions.

Is it possible to ever really give up on a dream? Can you really stop hoping?

For the past 5 years I've sent my heart speeding toward one singular ambition. Now I must make it stop, or change direction. But Newton’s Law states that an object in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. What force is more unbalanced than love?
One force that keeps objects from being in perpetual motion is friction. Friction is caused by a molecular attraction between materials - or people. One of the side-effects of friction is that it generates heat. The more friction you have, the more heat you will generate.
Needless to say, it will take a lot of friction to give up this hope, this vision that I have. That heat sensation is what I feel in my chest right now. The burn of trying to bring my heart to a screeching halt. Can you see the sparks?

No comments: