Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Haven't thought of a title yet....

I'll do whatever I can for you
Buy every piece of land for you
But then I'd have a fear of giving you
Too much to take care of you

I could fly to the heavens and catch the moon
But I might cause the sun to come up too soon
I could entice the shining stars
I could take each one and put them in jars

But of what benefit am I,
If I take the light from your sky?
What if I picked enough flowers to fill your room,
Would I still be outside filled with gloom?

I could scoop up all the waters of the sea, clear and cool
But what good are the crashing waves in a silent pool?
So what, my love, can I really do
To prove that my love is true?

I could steal your heart, if I tried hard enough
But wouldn't theft defeat the purpose of love?
To wholly give your heart to another
Without disguise or sly cover

Who knows the songs that a caged bird sings?
For a caged bird cannot spread the song without wings
I'll leave you to love whom you will, my dear
In hopes that your heart's own gravity will pull you here

No comments: